New industrial park in Ho Chi Minh City is proposed with 668 hectares
The People's Committee Ho Chi Minh City has just proposed to the Prime Minister to develop Pham Van Hai Industrial Park with 668 hectares. Meanwhile, this city will replace 3 industrial parks including Bau Dung and Phuoc Hiep (in Cu Chi District), Xuan Thoi Thuong (Hoc Mon District).
According to the City People's Committee, three projects of Bau Dung, Phuoc Hiep and Xuan Thoi Thuong Industrial Parks have been approved by the Government since 2008. However until now, it has been more than 10 years but there is no planning procedures implemented, and these parrks are no longer feasible.
The projects have greatly affected the lives of people in surrounding area when the infrastructure is still degraded. Moreover, any construction and repair of houses or the transfer of land by people living around cannot be carried out.
Along with inadequacies of security and order, safety and hygiene for people living in these suspended projects, the Committee proposed to adjust and remove above 3 industrial zones.
At the same time, on the land use planning of the city, the Government issued Resolution 80/NQ-CP dated June 19, 2018 on adjusting the land use plan up to 2020 and the final land use plan (2016 - 2020) of Ho Chi Minh City. The Government has approved the conversion of 668 hectares land in Pham Van Hai commune to industrial land.
Therefore, in order to promptly create industrial land fund for attracting investment and supporting many industries including high-tech industries, industries with large supply chains in the region, contributing to the socio-economic development of the City. In addition, this industrial park is hoped to help Ho Chi Minh to maintain its role as the economic motivator of Vietnam.
According to the People's Committee, Pham Van Hai Industrial Park is an industrial park for high-tech application, focusing on investment in electricity, electronics, automation, start-up support and high-tech industries. The supporting industry should be not labor-intensive and will not pollute the environment.
- Renting factory in industrial zones in Ho Chi Minh gets more interests (19/10/2021)
- An outlook of supporting industrial zones development in Ho Chi Minh (18/10/2021)
- New investment policies for attracting foreign investment in Vietnam (16/10/2021)
- Warehouse for rent in Ho Chi Minh for storage or logistics service (16/10/2021)
- FDI investors still consider Vietnam an attractive destination (07/10/2021)
- List of industrial zones/ industrial parks in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam (06/10/2021)
- Logistics centers with warehouse services planned in Ho Chi Minh (04/10/2021)
- When authorities in Ho Chi Minh open doors to people after Covid (29/09/2021)